A Facebook Page is one of the most popular way organizations, celebrities, political figures, and businesses showcase themselves on Facebook. Pages are visible to everybody on the Internet. There are different ways in which owners of Facebook Pages can market themselves to people to gain more viewers. All are pretty straightforward and easy to do.
Method 1 of 6: Updating Your Cover Photo
- Log into your Facebook account. Visit the Facebook website on a new web browser tab or window. Enter your email address and password at the top right corner of the page to log into your Facebook account. You will be directed to your personal account’s News Feed page.
- Go to your Facebook Page’s Timeline. All the Pages you manage are listed on the left side of the News Feed. Take your mouse and click the Page name to go to its Timeline.
- Upload cover photo. At the top left corner of your Facebook Page’s Timeline is an “Upload cover” button. This button is represented by a camera icon. Click on it to browse for the appropriate photo from your computer.
- Try to select a photo that’s interesting and in connection with your Page, like a picture from your latest event. Make sure that it’s a clear shot, not blurry. The cover photo you upload should be 351 pixels by 815 pixels and should not exceed 2MB.
- Once it has been uploaded, the Timeline page will refresh, and you’ll be able to see the new cover photo above the Timeline. Depending on your settings and the settings of your fans/followers, they’ll receive a notification of your changes so that they can check out your cover photo themselves.
Method 2 of 6: Engaging Your Facebook Fans
Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to your Facebook Page’s Timeline. All the Pages you manage are listed on the left side of the home page. Take your mouse and click on the Page name to go to its Timeline.
- Find the status post box. On the Page’s Timeline is a small text box with word hint “What have you been up to.” It is found at the top middle section of the page. Click inside that box to activate it.
- Write a status post. You can let them know of what you are up to, your achievements, or trending world news. Social media has taken most roles carried out by mainstream media. Hence, many people rely on status posts to get breaking news from around the globe.
- Post regularly on your Facebook Page to keep your followers engaged. If you become the one always updating such information as breaking news or current events, many people who are on Facebook will be attracted to your Page.
- Publish the post. Underneath the box mentioned above is a bluish “Post” button. Click on that button to have your post published to your followers.
Method 3 of 6: Inviting People from Your Email List
Log into your Facebook account.
Go to the Facebook Page. All the Pages you manage are listed on the left side of the home page. Take your mouse and click the Page name to go to its Timeline.
- Get the Page URL. URL (Uniform Resource Locater) is the web address referencing the Page. Take your mouse to the address bar of your Page, highlight all the details on the bar, then copy it. You can copy by right-clicking on your mouse and choosing the “Copy” option from the list displayed.
- Log into your email account. This can be any email account, like Gmail or Yahoo. It doesn’t necessarily have to be connected to your Facebook Page.
- Compose a small email. Click the compose button to start the process of composing an email. On the first field enter the email addresses of people you want to send the email to. You can separate the email addresses with a comma.
- On the second field, enter the subject of the email, e.g., Invitation to my Facebook Page.
- On the body of the email, type the message you would like your recipients to receive.
Paste the URL on your email body. It is important that you include the URL of the Page in the mail body by pasting it there. Right-click your mouse in the message box, and choose the “Paste” option from the list.
- Send the email. Click the “Send” button to have the invitation delivered to your recipients. You’ll be sure to get some viewers from your email list.
Method 4 of 6: Customize Your Page URL
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook Page. All the Pages you manage are listed on the left side of the home page. Take your mouse and click the Page name to go to its Timeline.
- Go to the Page settings. On the top right of the Page is the “Settings” tab. Click on that tab to go to the settings menu of the Page.
- Select the “Page info” tab. On settings page, click “Page info” tab on the left side. This will return a list describing your Page.
- Go to the “Facebook Web Address” option. Scroll the list of options, and click Facebook web address to go to the screen to customize your address/URL. The customization screen has two boxes. The first one contains the Page name and the second one has the address of the Page.
- Edit the Facebook web address. Go to the second box that contains the Page address. Change the name to your preferred name. Make sure the name you type can be remembered easily by your followers. The address can be something like “Facebook.com/companyname.”
- Make sure that it’s a name that you would like to use, as you can only change it once in the future.
- When you’re done, click “Save” button on the box.
- Let your fans or followers know. You can do this by posting the change as a status. Just go to the status box at the top of the Page’s Timeline, and let your followers know that they can now easily find your page by entering the name you set.
Method 5 of 6: Promote through Competition
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook Page.
- Describe the competition in the status post box. On the Page’s Timeline is a small text box with word hint “What have you been up to.” Click inside that box and write the details of the competition. For instance, let followers know the details of the competition (e.g., what it is for), the prize to be won, how to participate, and the period of the competition.
- An example of a competition would be asking your followers to tag photos on your Page and then share with friends. The photo that gets the most likes gets to win something.
- Post the competition. Underneath the box mentioned above is a bluish “Post” button. Click on that button to have your competition published to your followers.
Method 6 of 6: Promote the Page Using Ads
- Click on the Promote Page button. While logged into your Facebook Page, click “Promote Page” button below the profile picture to go to the panel for setting the ads details. The ads panel has the Page description on the left. This is what will be displayed to users.
- Edit the ad details. Click on the description and edit it to your preference. Then complete the panel details by answer the following text fields:
- Type the locations you want to target—Never run a promotion without specifying the target locations. On the box labelled “Location,” enter the name of countries or places your ad targets e.g., Nairobi, Texas, Los Angeles, etc.
- Enter your target interests—These are the interests of people you are targeting, such as business managers, real estate owners, family owners, etc. Type your target interests on a box labelled “Interests.”
- Specify age ranges and gender that you are targeting—For example, you can target men only, women only, or both of them. Specify the age ranges e.g., 21-40. You specify ages by just selecting the numbers listed on the start and end box.
- Determine your ad budget and duration days. On this section, specify your budget for the ad. You can choose 1 USD per day or even 10 USD per day. This depends on you and the number of people you want to reach out to. Duration days is the number of days you wish your ad to run.
- Promote your Page. Having filled the above information, click the “Promote” button to have your ad saved. A box will then pop up for adding your payment information.
- Add payment details. On the box that pops up, fill your payment method. You can choose to pay through a credit card or PayPal. For credit card, you will need to add your credit card number, expiration date, security code, and billing zip code. Facebook will then deduct the budget amount you specified earlier.